In case you missed it, here are the top five stories grabbing Senior Housing News readers this week:
1. In the Pipeline: Senior Housing Construction Projects—This weekly column features senior living development projects from around the country that are being planned, are in the process, or have recently been completed.
2. Erickson to Assume Ownership of the Devonshire After Pre-Packaged Bankruptcy—Erickson will assume ownership and management of the Devonshire through a prepackaged bankruptcy filing agreed to by the Florida CCRC’s owners.
3. Architects Removing “Nursing” Elements from Senior Living Design—Architects continue the trend of making senior living settings less institutional and more home-like, including a growing focus on universal design elements.
4. States Updating Assisted Living Regulations as Industry Evolves—Some states are taking a proactive approach to updating rules and regulations for the assisted living industry as it evolves.
5. Holiday Settles with Justice Department for Deceptive Marketing to Veterans—The largest independent living provider has agreed to a settlement with the Department of Justice and more than 100 residents for deceptive marketing practices hinging on the VA Aid & Attendance program.
Written by Alyssa Gerace