How big can you make those buttons? Just5, a global provider of mobile phones designed for ease of use, reliability and emergency response, announced the general availability of its new line of mobile phones targeting seniors. The big button phone offers only the basic features for the senior market and focuses on simplicity. The Just5 feature set (besides the Ginormous buttons) includes:
- a "speaking keypad" that confirms which buttons are pressed;
- amplified speaker volume (up to 100db);
- FM radio for convenient listening without a headset;
- an a flashlight to negotiate dark spaces;
- simple keyboard locking via a switch;
- built in emergency response function with preset numbers
When a user presses the emergency SOS button, the phone actives a siren and will text an urgent message to the preset numbers in the emergency response setup and then dial them in a predefined order and switches to speaker phone when someone connects.
"There is a great opportunity for a phone that places a high priority on ease of use and offers just the most commonly used functions," said Alex Petrov, vice president of operations at Just5 Americas. "We want to open mobile phones to specific populations that may have difficulty using the latest and greatest mobile gadgets, especially the current generation of ‘baby boomers’ who need a safe, reliable phone."