This article is part of your SHN+ subscription
In the Pipeline is brought to you by the Senior Housing News Architecture & Design Awards, an annual competition that recognizes cutting-edge design, excellence, and innovation in senior living.
Nonprofit senior living provider opens first new community since 1912
Lyngblomsten, a Minnesota-based nonprofit senior services organization, recently announced the opening of a new senior living campus in Lino Lakes, Minnesota.
The opening of the new continuum of care campus marks the first time the organization has expanded its senior living footprint in over 100 years, having first opened the Como Park senior living campus in 1912.
The new property at Lino Lakes includes 16-acres and 20 rental townhouses and a multi-level senior living community building that includes 96 independent living units, 35 assisted living apartment units and 17 memory care units.
Resort style amenities are included on the campus, including a warm water pool, fitness center, three restaurants, game room, golf simulator, art studio, chapel, theater and more.
A second phase of construction will add a skilled nursing wing, a press release from the organization states. The project was designed by Wold Architects and Engineers, with Grand Real Estate advisors serving as the project’s development advisor and Weis Builders were the project’s construction manager, along with Dane Allen Homes which oversaw the construction of the townhouses.
Grand Living opens next Texas community
Grand Living have recently opened Grand Living at Tuscan Lakes in League City, Texas, according to a LinkedIn post regarding the project.
The development was completed by Ryan Companies US, Inc. and is the third project for Grand Living in Texas, with another community currently under construction, according to Trey Featherly, who serves as a project executive for Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Other noteworthy projects
- Permits approved for Headwaters Residential Healthcare Facility in Arizona.
- Plans to bring affordable senior living to the Boston, Massachusetts area were recently approved.
- Edelweiss Village to add new memory care apartments.
- Zoning change sought in an effort to add 48-units of active adult residences in Braintree, Massachusetts.
- Memory care community known as The Cordwainer was recently designed by The Architectural Team.
Construction: In Progress
- Morning Pointe Senior Living to expand to 40 communities with a groundbreaking recently held in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- A Holiday by Atria community, Forest Pines, starts on a $1.5 million renovation plan.
- Construction of a senior living community in New Orleans is underway.
- The Linden Ponds CCRC in Hingham, Massachusetts recently started on a $25 million expansion.
- The Artisan at Cedarhurst senior living community is set to open next year.
- Additional affordable senior housing units were added to Stamford, Connecticut project.
- The senior living community Azalea at Cinnaminson is now open in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
- McKinney, Texas community Touchmark at Emerald Lake is preparing to welcome its first residents.
- Watermark Retirement Communities opens the senior living community Hacienda Mission San Luis Rey.
- After $30 million construction, the Taylor Community recently added a new Back Bay facility and added an additional campus.