Movers & Shakers is brought to you by the Senior Housing News Job Board. Browse and apply to management and executive senior living jobs and positions from leading professional firms serving the industry. Employers can post single jobs, purchase job packages or our premium subscription that includes unlimited job posts and editorial coverage for one year. Visit SHN Jobs today.
Capital Senior Living Bolsters Operations With Promotions
Capital Senior Living (NYSE: CSU) has promoted five of its employees to different strategic operational roles.
The company announced the following appointments:
- Carole Burnell was promoted to vice president of operations for Capital Senior Living’s southwest regional operating center. The center includes communities in Arizona, California and Texas. In this capacity, and Burnell would help supporting growth and performance throughout all of them.
- Romie Galvan was appointed regional operations manager of Capital’s West Dallas/Fort Worth communities. In that role, Galvan will manage operations for eight communities throughout West Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Sam Payne was promoted to regional operations manager of Capital’s Mid-Cities Dallas/Ft. Worth areas. In that role, Payne will lead sales and operations for the Mid-Cities region, which includes nine communities.
- Gina Nance was promoted to the role of regional operations manager of Capital’s East Dallas communities. In total, she will oversee operations at seven communities.
- Linda McAlister was named regional operations manager for nine of the company’s California, Arizona and Texas communities, where she will manage day-to-day operations of nine communities.
Brookdale Adds Board Members, Amends Corporate Governance
Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) recently announced the addition of three new board members and some changes to its corporate governance policies.
Specifically, the company added three new members to its board of directors and amended its bylaws to implement proxy access, which will allow certain shareholders to nominate directors.
The board also adopted amendments to its certificate of incorporation and bylaws in order to implement a majority voting standard in uncontested director elections.
Ventas EVP, Chief Administrative Officer to Retire
Ventas (NYSE: VTR) executive vice president, chief administrative officer, general counsel and ethics and compliance officer Richard Riney is set to retire from the company next year.
Riney will likely help with the transition through the appointment and onboarding of his successor in the first quarter of 2020, according to Ventas. The company has in the meantime begun working with an executive search firm and has initiated the process for securing a new general counsel.
Altum Hires Former Five Star Director as New President
Altum Senior Living has named Barton Bolt as its new president.
Bolt will oversee the senior living provider as it embarks on a strategic growth plan. Bozeman, Montana-based Altum currently operates four senior living communities in the states of California and Washington.
Before joining Altum, Bolt worked for 16 years at Five Star Senior Living, where he most recently was a divisional director of operations.
WesleyLife Names Casteel to New COO Role
WesleyLife has named Chris Casteel to the role of COO, a new position meant to help with the organization’s development initiatives, such as its expansion into eastern Iowa and western Illinois.
Casteel most recently worked as as COO of healthcare operations and managing director of operations for Watermark Retirement Communities.
Lifespace Communities Elects New Board Chair
The board of directors for Lifespace Communities has elected Paula Shives as its new chair.
Shives previously joined the Lifespace’s board of directors in 2005 and also previously served as chair of the board from 2011 to 2013.
Before retiring, she was senior vice president, secretary and general counsel for Darden Restaurants, the company behind national restaurant chains such as the Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse and Yard House.
Seattle Community Appoints Executive Director
Maple Leaf Assisted Living and Memory Care, an Integral Senior Living (ISL) community in Seattle, has named Pam Dill to the role of executive director.
Before joining Maple Leaf, Dill worked as executive director at multiple other ISL communities, including Harbour Pointe, Welbrook South Bay and Whittier Place.
Lane Powell Names New President
Lane Powell PC, a Seattle-based law firm that works with many long-term care and senior living clients, elected Barbara Duffy as its next president.
Duffy, who has chaired the company’s litigation department for more than a decade, represents clients in commercial litigation, class actions and health care regulatory matters.
She steps in for former president, Charles W. Riley Jr., who worked as Lane Powell’s president for five years and will now continue his trusts and estates practice.