Smart home technology is becoming a must-have in senior living.
Thanks to the pairing of individual smart home devices with home systems such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, senior living residents can turn up the thermostat, dim the lights, find out what’s for dinner and get reminders about what programs they’re signed up for, all with the sound of their voice.
To learn more about the rise of smart home technology, listen to the latest episode of Transform, a podcast about the people and ideas shaping the future of senior living, sponsored by PointClickCare.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Kisco Senior Living CEO Andy Kohlberg and Vincentian Collaborative System CEO Nick Vizzoca. Learn more about:
- How smart home technology is quickly becoming a resident expectation, not an afterthought
- How these systems can improve resident satisfaction, reduce staff burdens and drive savings on energy costs
- Tips for implementing smart home technology across various levels of care, and which features are most popular with today’s residents
- One operator’s cost of smart tech on a new $19 million project, and why implementing this tech on new construction provides vast cost savings over retrofitting
- What the future holds, such as predictive analytics to flag at-risk residents based on how they interact with in-unit technology
Subscribe to Transform to be notified when new episodes are released. Listen today!