Entries for the 2018 Senior Housing News Architecture & Design Awards are starting to come in for a variety of categories. The Awards program, in its sixth year, recognizes excellence by celebrating construction and renovation projects that improve the lives of seniors through innovative senior housing architecture.
Participants have until October 31, 2018, to submit their entries, which will be judged by a panel of senior living industry experts. Entries will be evaluated on several criteria, including design, aesthetics, community integration, amenities and lifestyle enrichment. Each year, more than 80 organizations enter their communities in the SHN Architecture & Design Awards and are recognized for their unique approaches to senior living design.
Why should you enter your new community or renovation project?
- Win a professionally judged competition by industry experts
- Get your new development and construction in front of SHN’s readers that include professionals in senior living and serving the industry
- Gain exposure globally for your project through editorial coverage and social media
- Celebrate the success of the project with your partners in development such as the architects, designers, engineers, interior decorators and others
Senior housing owners, operators, developers, architects and design firms from around the world are encouraged to submit their entries to compete.
The categories for the 2018 SHN Architecture & Design Awards are:
- Independent Living (Rental)
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing/Post-Acute Care
- Life Plan/Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)
- Stand-Alone Memory Care
- Affordable Housing
- International (Communities Outside the United States)
- Student Exhibition — Architectural Design
- Student Exhibition — Interior Design
For more information about the SHN 2018 Architecture & Design Awards program, and to view the winners and nominees from previous years, visit the Architecture & Design home page.
The 2018 competition is exclusively sponsored by Kwalu, a provider of senior living furniture solutions to communities across the United States.