As the opioid epidemic dominates headlines across America, senior living providers are affected by the crisis—and in some cases, they’re at the front-lines of the battle.
Register today for the Opioids & Senior Living: How Operators Can Learn To Manage The Crisis In Their Communities webinar to hear from veteran operators, physicians and academics on how to maintain appropriate access to these painkillers while shielding the community from an array of legal and clinical risks.
A staggering 40% of older adults treat chronic pain with opioids, according to the New England Journal of Medicine. Prevalence of use, dangerous side effects and looming regulation has created a perfect storm of pressure on senior housing operators to address prescription drug use in their communities.
During this webinar, experts will discuss:
- Data showing the scope of opioid use among the senior population
- Responsible pain management strategies for assisted living and memory care providers
- Overseeing opioid access, storage and the personnel handling the drugs
- Identifying residents at risk for opioid misuse and overdose
- Properly training providers and families on appropriate pain management
- Navigating regulatory constraints surrounding opioid administration
- Exploring non-pharmacological options for pain relief
- Andrew Kolodny, Co-Director, Opioid Policy Research, Senior Scientist, Brandeis University
- Lore Brownson, SVP, Quality Services and Chief Compliance Officer, New Perspective Senior Living
- Mimoza Metarapi, Clinical Pharmacist, Medication Management Partners
- Dr. Anthony Burgess, Chief Medical Officer, Tutera Senior Living & Healthcare
Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Time: 1 PM Central