In the spirit of the Memorial Day weekend, Senior Housing News is taking a break from its regular posting schedule and will resume our daily emails on Tuesday, May 27.
While we’re gone—and in case you missed them the first time around—here are the leading headlines from our most popular posts this week:
1. CEO: Brookdale Will be First and Only National Senior Living Provider — Brookdale Senior Living is continuing to expand its reach in the senior living sector with its recent merger with Emeritus Corp. and joint venture with HCP. But some industry leaders question Brookdale’s aim to go national.
2. PBS: Boomers Opting or University-Based Retirement Campuses — A growing number of older adults are opting for college-based retirement campuses, PBS reports, adding that the traditional allure of golf and other leisurely activities in resort-style communities may be losing its appeal to today’s seniors.
3. Future of Senior Living: It’s a Different Ball Game — Technology is changing the way senior living providers interact with prospects. The shift is moving away from the past, when health care was predominantly a local-only business.
4. Consumers Rank Top 5 Factors for Choosing a Senior Community — Cleanliness, comfort and quality food are some of the top five factors consumers seek out when considering a senior living community, recent survey results show. The results also reveal that first impressions go a long way in reaching, and securing, prospects.
5. Benchmark Brings Hospitality Tech to Latest Community Launch — Benchmark Senior Living’s latest community is outfitted with a slew of new technologies. Benchmark says the tech-forward focus improves level of care and makes best use of support staffs’ time and resources.
From the Senior Housing News team to all of our readers, Happy Memorial Day!
Written by Cassandra Dowell