In the spirit of the holiday season, Senior Housing News is taking a break from its regular posting schedule and will resume posting on December 30.
While we’re gone—and in case you missed them the first time around—here are some of our most popular posts from the past few days:
1. Senior Housing’s Top 10 Mega Deals of 2013—We’ve compiled the year’s biggest deals, from Health Care REIT closing its acquisition of Sunrise to Ventas, NHI, and Newcastle buying chunks of the Holiday Retirement portfolio.
2. The Winners are In: Best of Senior Living Design 2013—Congratulations to all the winners of the first-ever SHN Design Awards competition!
3. In the Pipeline: Senior Housing Construction Projects (12/19/13)—SHN’s weekly collection of new construction projects in various stages of development, from planned to recently completed.
4. Mandatory LTC Insurance Proposed as Possible Solution to Aging Crisis—Aging experts proposed a mandatory long-term care insurance program during a Congressional hearing on how to meet the needs of the nation’s aging population.
5. Pennsylvania CCRC Launches Household Model To Meet New Resident Demands—A retirement community in Pennsylvania is repositioning for the future by creating a more home-like environment for its residents.
From the Senior Housing News team to all of our readers, Happy Holidays!