In case you missed it, here are the top five stories grabbing Senior Housing News readers this week:
1. Online Lead Surge Sparks New Approach to Senior Living Sales—With the Internet a huge and growing source for senior living leads, providers are adopting new tactics to handle lead volume and improve conversion rates.
2. Assisted Living Construction Stays Hot, but Focused in Certain Markets—Assisted living construction activity is going strong, but data from NIC indicates it’s mostly concentrated in a few hot markets.
3. Minnesota’s Senior Housing Surge Stirs Overheating Concerns—Some metro areas within Minnesota may be at their senior housing saturation point after a crowd of developers entered the market to fill growing demand.
4. Columnist Refutes Frontline’s Report on Assisted Living Industry—A political columnist counters Frontline/ProPublica’s multi-part series that has aired in the past few months purporting to reveal the assisted living industry’s dark side.
5. Senior Housing REITs Face Lower ROI as Capital Costs Rise—Healthcare-focused REITs may see returns on their senior housing investments taper off as rising interest makes capital more expensive, while certain assets remain highly valued.
Written by Alyssa Gerace