In case you missed it, here are the top five stories grabbing Senior Housing News readers this week:
1. Senior housing industry veterans launch new investment advisory firm—A group of industry veterans have launched a new investment advisory that will be focusing on the senior housing and healthcare sectors.
2. Chicago’s tech scene buzzing with senior care innovation—Silicon Valley who? Chicago’s tech scene is on the forefront of developing new products and platforms for senior caregivers.
3. Top senior living companies to research sector’s healthcare role—A group of the senior living industry’s top players are partnering with Harvard Medical School researchers to examine the sector’s role in the changing healthcare system.
4. Investment group makes first senior living purchase, plans more—A senior housing-focused subsidiary of an established investment firm recently made its first purchases with plans for more, including a development pipeline of several communities.
5. Investor demand for assisted living is insatiable—Investors are hungrily acquiring assisted living communities and can’t get enough, says a recent senior housing report that also discusses how new development may impact senior living occupancy.