Front Porch, California’s largest non-profit provider of senior living communities, was honored with nine awards (four Gold and five Silver) by the 2009 National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), 50+ Housing Council. The annual awards program recognized excellence and innovation in the design, development and marketing of housing for the mature market.
Two Front Porch communities, both set to open this fall, won top honors for overall concept and design:
- Walnut Village, a full-service retirement community, received Gold in the "Best Small (up to 200 units) Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) On the Boards" category.
- Luma, a Front Porch active adult living community in Mexico, received Silver in the "Best Active Adult Community On the Boards (up to 500 homes)" category.
Front Porch Print advertising and marketing collateral earned three Gold awards and four Silvers.
- Two regional campaigns, "Next" and "Home," both promoting Front Porch Communities in California, won Gold and Silver respectively in the "Best Print Advertising for a 50+ Housing Community" category.
- The marketing program created to promote Luma captured Gold for the "Your Dream to Retire Here" campaign in the "Best Print Advertising for a 50+ Housing Community" category; Gold in the "Best Web Site for a 50+ Housing Community" category; Silver in the "Best Brochure for a 50+ Housing Community" category; and Silver in the "Best Print Advertising for a 50+ Housing Community" category for Luma’s "If Your Soul Came with Directions" ad campaign.
- Front Porch’s Walnut Village won Silver in the "Best Direct Mail Campaign for a 50+ Housing Community" category.
"Communities for the mature market continue to evolve and better reflect the needs and wishes of their residents," said Lee Ratta, senior vice president of organizational advancement at Front Porch. "We are thrilled to receive this level of recognition for our commitment to creating vibrant and innovative communities for older adults."