January is the time when most people start looking for senior housing projects and the Detroit Free Press had some good suggestions for defining the search:
- Determine the type of housing based upon the senior’s physical and emotional needs.
- Think about what services are needed and how often they would be needed to be given to the senior.
- Find out what services are included in the base costs and then what is added on an a la carte basis.
- Budget for what your senior can afford today and take careful consideration with increases in costs, taxes and insurance.
- Keep in mind proximity to doctors and hospitals
- See what kind of public and private aid is available to assist with the costs.
For the full article, click here.