In case you missed it…here are the top five stories grabbing Senior Housing News readers’ attention this week:
1. New Market Players Flock to Texas Senior Housing Boom—Demographics in the Lone Star State have created a hotbed for senior housing operators looking toward assisted living and memory care development.
2. Senior Living Marketers Say Success Requires New Online Approach—Marketing to the adult children of prospective senior living residents requires a new approach to reaching this “elusive,” decision-making demographic.
3. Ventas Buys 26 Communities from Holiday for $790 Million—A third quarter 2013 earnings report revealed Ventas Inc. has acquired a 26-property portfolio from national senior living provider Holiday Retirement.
4. Erickson Senior Living Launches Digital Resident App—Erickson Living is the latest senior living provider to launch a digital app that aims to increase connectivity and social engagement among its residents.
5. Providers Use Assisted Living “Lite” to Fill Senior Care Gaps—Some senior living providers are extending their communities’ licensure to provide mild care services to bridge the gap between assisted living and independent living.
Written by Jason Oliva