A common theme is shared by many of the senior living providers recognized by the Assisted Living Federation of America 2013 Best of the Best Awards: a focus on purposeful or meaningful service offerings for residents and their families.
Each year, ALFA awards its “best of the best” distinction to companies for 11 different categories of programs that change year to year. Categories this year include innovative programs for dining, environmental friendliness, and technology implementation, and the winning providers are profiled in the May/June issue of ALFA’s Senior Living Executive magazine.
“Companies operating in the senior living space have a long tradition of sharing best practices to advance business excellence and champion quality of life for residents living in communities for seniors,” said Richard P. Grimes, president and CEO of ALFA. “This year, a trend across many nominations is a focus on offering greater meaning and purpose to programs impacting the lives of residents, their families, staff, professional resources and even society in general.”
ALFA received more than 70 submissions for various providers’ programs relating to the categories, with “Meaningful Resident Programs Creating Purposeful Days” receiving 30 entries, making it the most competitive category.
- BMA Management’s Eat Smart, Live Strong program, for “A Taste of the Future: The Next Generation Dining Menu”
- Brookdale Senior Living’s Hospitality IQ program, for “Equipping Community Staff with Mobile Technology”
- Country Meadows Retirement Communities’ Celebrating Independence Conference, for “Meaningful Resident Programs Creating Purposeful Days”
- Benchmark Senior Living’s “Lead Aide: Steps for Success” program, for “Creating Greater Return on Investment in Leadership Development
- Brookdale Senior Living’s Selling Brookdale, Developing Associates and Leader Success program, for “Hot & Cold: Innovating Lead Management Initatives”
Latest Senior Housing News Research